Episode #23: "Godlet" - Interview with Tim Johnson March 10, 2021
Listen on: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
- Tim Johnson
- Whiskey or vaccine?
- James threatens Christopher with unpleasantness if you doesn't get the vaccine
- Where is the best Mexican food to be found?
- Christopher wears his cowboy hat in London
- The English eat asparagus with their hands, but they eat tacos with a knife and fork
- We argue about how to use a knife and fork
- English eat weird
- "Who wants to eat their food with tweezers?"
- "Everyone having knives is just too dangerous."
- Forks as weapons
- Women don't like eating in front of other people?
- "I understand why you don't want them to have knives."
- Tim is a "getting better" cook
- Are artists good cooks?
- Tim is such a good painter that sometimes his own paintings make him hungry
- James brings 'cognitive sciences' up again...
- James is getting high off the hazelnut coffee
- Tim and Christopher are better cooks than James
- Californian light is magical
- "The finished product is the residue of my thought process."
- "Don't worry, it's just art. You're not going to hurt it."
- We're too tough to take medicine (except whiskey)
- Tim's favorite artist is Thomas Hart Benton
- "Holy crap this thing is little." (Stary Night is smaller than you think)
- Paintings are better in person
- Italy is a good place to see art
- Painting is process and problem solving
- "Do you see yourself as god?"
- "You're a little god."
- State of mind of riding a motorcycle and painting is basically the same (in the zone)
- Tim was born to be wild
- "The question was a lot more shallow than the answer."
- "Sometimes I don't wear anything."
- "I want to get one, but they look scratchy."
- "The best podcast we've done today."