Episode #21: "Artists and cooks are the two worst spellurs on the planet." - Interview with Mike Swaine February 24, 2021
Listen on: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
- Mike Swaine designer and saver of trollies
- Lost wallet found in Antarctica
- "A recording of our tedious conversations."
- Crawdads, everywhere
- Water-skying the canals
- Canals are off limits except for dead bodies
- Drainage ditch or canal?
- Arizona Falls
- Canal coffee
- SuperBall Ad
- 1947 - suspicious barn fire takes out trolley service
- 1887 - trolleys start
- "Chlorophyl hadn't even been invented yet."
- Mule driven trolleys
- "If James is wrong, Christopher owes James $100."
- First trolley line - 7th street to 7th Ave along Washington, then Up 7th street to fairgrounds
- Trolley museum booted out of Hance Park to make way for a skate park and moved to Grand Ave
- Disney horse-drawn trolley
- Trolleys converted to tiny homes - Millennials didn't invent tiny homes
- Two old trolleys found in trailer park
- Rosson house
- Costco Pizza
- Pizza cheese
- "It might even be legal."
- The best Mexican food is in... Italy
- Artists are good at cooking?
- "You're not lying, your just wrong. Again."
- "Artists and cooks are the two worst spellurs on the planet."
- Is presentation (on the plate) important?
- One of NINE sibling?
- Mike's self portrait
- "You can edit your face."
- Genrad (General Radio)
- Mike had a type setting company but sold it all when he saw the Macintosh
- Press Type guitar
- James gets off on code
- 1980 Linus Screen Composer ($40,000?)
- Trolleys of Venice Beach
- Moses Hazeltine Sherman
- Venice Beach paved over their canals
- The rolling blackout didn't really role...
- Dark or Milk chocolate? Milk chocolate. This conversation is over.
- "You can say 'ding-dong', but not 'boob'?"